What are they?
Our BTECs are accredited courses for people that want to work in the arts or further their creative careers. These courses help you gain the personal and professional skills that will help you have a fulfilling career in the arts industry and beyond.
We are passionate about inclusion and diversity in the industry. We set you up to succeed with a safe space and a vibrant learning community.
Our part time courses give you a qualification that make you stand out, whether this is your stand-alone subject or whether it is an addition to your qualification portfolio.
Read on to learn more about the exciting potential of our BTECs and how they could help you.
What does it involve?
You will progress your physical skills across a number of circus disciplines, including:
- Equilibrisitics e.g. unicycling, tightwire or stilts
- Manipulation e.g. juggling or hoop
- Aerial e.g. corde lisse, silks, trapeze
You will develop your employability and professional skills with units that look at:
- Professional practice
- Performing arts in the community
- The healthy performer
The courses also have a strong creative development focus. You will develop both individual and ensemble acts. Have a look at our gallery to see what previous graduates have achieved!
Who is it for?
The BTEC courses are for:
- Amateurs that want to develop their arts education
- Professionals that want to focus and develop their careers
- People looking for alternative education pathways
- People that want to work in the arts industry
Where will a BTEC take you?
We are so proud of our graduates! They are all in further education or employment. Here are a few examples of what previous graduates have gone on to do:
- Enrolled at the National Centre for Circus Arts/ Circomedia/ Codarts Circus Arts in Rotterdam
- Founded companies that have successfully toured the UK and employed national and international artists
- Become senior management for arts charities
- Joined Circus Central’s mentor team as freelance teachers
"I could finally submerge myself into my art, a chance to develop and grow personally and artistically."
"Being on the BTEC has given me a chance to truly dedicate myself to focused training and act development in skills outside of my comfort zone. It's given me the chance to get feedback and guidance from experienced professionals that I admire. It's been hard at times, but I've made friends with some great people, I'm learning so much and I love doing it."
"I was lucky enough this year to perform in a big top and a speigeltent, I wouldn’t have had these opportunities if it wasn't for Circus Central. Taking part in their BTEC has honestly changed my life..."
We want to make sure that everyone has the chance to experience Circus! To have a positive effect on the lives of our students, we currently have one 50% bursary available for a BTEC student.
There are other strands of support for students in need of financial support from outside the organisation. Please get in touch if you would like some advice.
Application deadline: 4pm Friday 4th June 2021Please click here to apply.
To find out more contact:
Claire Harvey, Education Director